Saturday, January 22, 2011

Suck on this blog

My first blog and as usual I'm way behind the tide of time on this one.  This blog is here merely to contribute to the white noise which makes up most of the internet.  Every once in a while a distinctive spike stands out above the hum of ascii characters and advertising buttons.  This is not one of those spikes.  So why do it?  Why ask "why do it?" when you are the only one asking or the only one who cares to ask.  Well, I'm glad you asked.  I have nothing else to do.  I can slowly stroll towards death quiet and dignified or I can flail about with these sentences.  This is the only reason.  Anyway, there is nothing else to do that is pointless.
   As I type I'm at a coffee shop listening to Death Cab for Cutie's Photo Booth album which the girl behind the counter has put on.  She started with Plans which was the beginning of the end for me.  Its that whole time passing thing.  Death Cab has been reabsorbed into the collective conscience of music lovers, no longer a distinctive presence.  But, I remember when they were and there are many who don't...It's like joining some exclusive club, paying expensive dues, and suddenly a school bus pulls up in front full of the unwashed masses.  Your standing there in your club jacket whit an expensive cigar, meanwhile the mob is tearing the furniture, flooding the bathrooms, and shiting in the punch bowl.  If I can hop metaphores for a second:  finding a good band to follow is a lot like the plot of every zombie movie. Your're running around a postapocalyptic landscape looking for refuge.  No matter how good of a hiding place you find, no matter how well protected your fortress may seem, the zombie horde always finds you and devours everything that is good and pure.  The end for now.    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment