Friday, January 28, 2011

Fiances are much cooler than wives

Referred to my girlfriend as my finance today without her consent or knowledge thereof.  Fiances are dynamic and exciting.  Its about movement really.  My girlfriend is a kick ass fiance, throwing elbows and gouging eyes.  Always on the go, as they say.  She's in the land of Thai as we speak kicking several varieties of ass,  and getting bit by exotic bugs on the ass to boot.  Marriage seems wierd to me.  Something about the whole settling down and getting morbidly obese before dieing on the toilet of a heart attack and being found 6 hours later by the meals - on - wheels lady who usually stays and chats it up but realized something didn't seem right and walked into the house to see why her favorite senior citizens - whom are usually so gracious and inviting - arne't answering the door...thing.

At a coffe shop and I'm listening to this (high school?) kid do a top notch cover of Elliot Smith's memory lane.  I'm digging it greatly and its happening in Silverdale - who'd of thunk of it?  The audience (mostly older people) are eating him up.  He's a very engaging and unassuming young man who is not yet -may never become - jaded.  I'm thinking of giving him a "nice Elliot cover dude" but I'm afraid he'll think i'm cruising open mike night for fresh meat, so I'll just settle for anonymous clapping.     

1 comment:

  1. I'm now following your blog. I made an effort to follow some ettiquitte and use an avatar. As you can see it's something that's green and terribly pixelated, a picture of a coconut that was 40 times the size of the stamp sized avatar.

    I like that I'm your fiancee - who needs marriage, anyway? And don't worry we'll be traveling too much to get morbidly obese.

    ReplyDelete