Sunday, March 13, 2011

I suck at stick and other unintended puns

I'm learning to drive manual which means I'm temporarily driving retarded.  Stalling out at stop signs, revving the engine unintentionally, and grinding the heavenly fuck out of my clutch.  This is the price I'm paying to drive a new black Volkswagen Beetle.  Its so damn nerve racking stopping at crowded intersections and hoping you can get our of first gear with out stalling.  I'm kind of glad Jade isn't here for the process of this humiliating...process.  One good thing about my new car is that it keeps me from extraneous driving.  That means I stay home because I'm afraid of crashing while trying to come out of first gear. Two more weeks and I'm off to Virginia for several months of schooling for radiological control.  I will miss places like Cafe Vita in Seattle, or perhaps the environment that it has come to symbolize in my head.

Cafe Vita on Capital Hill, Seattle.

Virginia sounds stupid from the get go so my attitude about this trip is off to a bad start.  However, there might be fireflies there so we will see.  On the other hand, there sure as hell isn't a Capital Hill.

Broad Way on Capital Hill, Seattle; not in Virginia.

Well thats it for now.  I'll keep all of you (Jade) in the loop about Virginia.

     

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to miss Seattle like crazy. It'll will take some effort to remember that I was actually quite bored there and working in a little sushi sweatshop of horrors.

    Take some good photos of VA for me.

    Love,
    Jade

    ReplyDelete