Friday, February 11, 2011

Too tired to sleep

I hate those paradoxical effects of sleep deprivation where your body can't get into the zone and keeps rejecting the rem.  Lately I've been inundated with radiation math problems at work.  My mind is starting to balance equations that aren't there.  Its like the so-called "Tetris effect" except  I'm placing imaginary equal signs between peoples' heads.   Fences look like square root signs and the road is a Cartesian coordinate system.  But all is as well as it can be with Jade gone.

There are these two ladies sitting next to me that keep slamming their palms on the table every time they laugh.  I'm trying to indicate that this displeases me without interacting with them.  This is difficult to do.  I'm thinking of putting on a morality play/ mime show to get my point across.  However, I'm am fairly excited for open -mike night to begin.  These commuter coffee shops do have something to offer.

I was finally able to board an aircraft carrier.  Its this hulking mass of iron death and warfare whose insides are barely more habitable than a Sears garden shed.  It's also where I'll be working in the future....making the time enjoyable will be tricky.  I will have to pretend that I'm a hamster wandering through a vast network of plastic tubes.  Thats what I do on my way to work anyway, so why not do it at work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment